when words fail me, which is often, I paint. When words work for me and are available on time, I am surprised.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

MBT's

I am on a massage table. There is a sumo wrestler sized woman on my back, she is pinning me down. In her massive hand she has two gigantic syringes. She injects them into the vertebrae in my neck. I wake up unable to move. Unable to get back to sleep, the pain is excruciating.

And this has been the drama for several years now. It's no wonder really after the leap off the bridge, forty feet down and sober. Idiot!

After years, fifteen or more, concrete floors: Bakery shops, hair salons, grocery store check-out, fifteen years.

The car accident, the situation with the spinal meninges which we are forbidden to discuss; if we do we must face involuntary commitment and not to a man or anything as pleasant as that.

I saw my chiropractor in town a few weeks ago. I told her that I had recently returned to full time on my feet work and that I should have been realigned first, but I've not had alot of time lately.

She said I need the shoes that rock. She forgot what they were called.

Friends, listen up.

If you have chronic neck pain, back pain or pain haunts your every thought as it did mine up until last Monday, I have three letters of advice (and I am not getting any kick backs, I just love them and you too):

MBT

Shoes that rock! Not kidding!

Yes they cost as much as my son's new car(seriously).

Yes the shoe salesperson comes out of the back room with a pair in your size in one hand and a hand saw in the other to collect the fee of an arm and a leg, but so worth it.

http://www.footwearetc.com/static_links/WALK_ORANGE.html

5 comments:

M@ said...

I love my Crocs. Love 'em. I have three pairs and already African Americans are copying my style.

Btw, this post was just the worst erotica I've ever read!

Alijah Fitt said...

I love Crocs too, but maybe you didn't get the link right. These are Masai-Barefoot-Technology shoes. They are almost 300.00 and well worth every penny.

Sorry about the imagery, I was scarred from it too.

Michelle O'Neil said...

Aw.....I hope your back responds well to the new shoes.

Jerri said...

I've had a pair of MBTs for about three years, Stacy, and you're absolutely right: they are worth the unbelievable price. Totally.

Hope they continue to help you feel better.

Anonymous said...

I love my MBTs as well -- when I first got them three years ago at a Feet First in Boca Raton I felt like I was the only one wearing them, but now I see them everywhere. I still get them from Feet First: usually on-line at www.FeetFirstFitness.com since I'm not in Florida much... their site has the best information, advice and just the greatest service