when words fail me, which is often, I paint. When words work for me and are available on time, I am surprised.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Re working Girl

Thank you for your comments, those of you with good taste in art, on my post Rave On.
Thanks to you who held your comments as well. I can't help it if you haven't an eye for art, if it is art, after all.
Anyway, I am hanging the last two pieces today. It's been a few years since I've had a show, so I guess it's a sign I am not dead yet or some kind of change.
I sent pictures to two of my most respected artist friends and asked their critique on "MMNNN" or my version of "The Kiss".
Georgia P. said the mask effect of the woman disturbed her.
Tate thought I made him look fat(he is the man in the painting). I didn't care what he said. After I nearly got into fisty cuffs with him over his comments he admitted he knew nothing about art and if I kept pressuring him he was going to buy the poster of the dogs playing cards.
But I trust Georgia. I re-worked the woman's face, and a few other spots as well. I attempted to make Tate look trimmer. He still doesn't get it. What can I say? He doesn't know art. I will post a picture of it tomorrow (thank you for the spelling lesson Jerri).
Until then, have a look at Good Morning Mr.Tom.I love him, he stumbled onto my blog and I am tickled to meet him, virtually that is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone named Tom has a got to be at least likable

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Intriguing, both ways.