when words fail me, which is often, I paint. When words work for me and are available on time, I am surprised.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Oso Grande

No time to post but I had to tell you; I saw a huge black bear on the side of the road this morning. On the winding country road, up on the poke weed covered hillside, she was right there, about ten feet from my car. I stopped and looked at her, I am pretty sure she was a she. She had a silly, curious expression and she rose up on her hind legs and looked me in the eye. I said, "hey there, bear". So fabulously cool. I think it's a good omen.

4 comments:

Michelle O'Neil said...

Love this and LOVE the title.

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Anytime you see a bear without getting attacked, I consider that to be a VERY good omen.

Jerri said...

Wow! How cool.

I have ALWAYS wanted to see a bear up close, but from some safe vantage point. Reading about your sighting is almost as good.

Let us know if you figure out what the omen is pointing toward.

Laura said...

Very cool! Yes, I agree being in the car sounds like a good way to see a bear. I watched the local news last night - something I never do! - and there was a story about a guy who got mauled by a bear while riding his bike in the woods with his dogs. They didn't mention what happened to the dogs, but the man survived, fortunately.