when words fail me, which is often, I paint. When words work for me and are available on time, I am surprised.

Monday, October 02, 2006

With a Little Help From My Friends

The topic came up in coversation recently of the value of life experience versus the formal education route. I've travelled both routes, simultaneously at times. I would like to give credit to the big teachers out there in my life/dream, my friends and enemies.
To Jeremiah-Friend- who told me that he thought this lifetime was a dream. he was pretty sure he was making this entire reality up in his head. He said he figured out that this world was not his creation when he was in the fourth grade. "The teacher started doing these long division problems on the chalk board and I said to myselfThere is no way I making this thing up." Then he knew.

To George Edwin-ENEMY-who taught me that if you abuse a child long enough he can become absolutely EVIL, his soul can turn black.

To Tate Moyer- Friend- who taught me that if you are a child who survives poverty and abuse and you still thank God everyday for your life, you can become Saintlier than any Saint.

To Kelly Berger-Friend- For calling my attention to the fact that Nothing is Real, and kicking off that psychotic wave of confusion in my teenaged years. Yes, No thing, Now Here. Praise Bob. (thats some old stuff there).

This is fun, more later.
Oh yeah, My oldest son, Wiley flew off to Thailand this morning. He is going to visit his beautiful, smart, girlfriend for a month. I pray for his safety, he's such a baby in my mind. I dream about him being 5 years old alot. I also hope, if he really wants it, that he comes back engaged. Imagine that!

One more: To Wiley-Friend- for teaching me the meaning of PROUD!

No comments: