when words fail me, which is often, I paint. When words work for me and are available on time, I am surprised.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Sunday Was a R.O.

Thank you all who sent suggestions as to the naming of the mini estate. I was setting the deadline to last Sunday to get the darn thing painted; hallelujah, it rained all day. The sign is extremely heavy and cannot be moved which means I have to paint it outside. So- I am still a bit undecided and if anyone out there has any more suggestions, I would be grateful. If you don't know about the dilemma, please read the previous post.
Thanks good people!

2 comments:

Toby O said...

Hi I'll apologize in advance for writing a comment, I just hit the "next blog" button at the top of mine and it went to yours, one of the more interesting ones and actually in English.

Since you've asked for naming ideas I hope you don't mind if I add to the ones you already have.

I love the simple names 'Tara' from Gone with the Wind, and 'Pemberley' from Pride and Prejudice. A reminder to me that names should be as simple as possible.

I also abhor but don't mind mocking the many names given to subdivisions, such as 'windy ripple' or 'stony ledge' but a name like that for your place would have to be tongue-in-cheek of course.

Then you might also use the conventions of the early American settlers, 'new amsterdam' or 'new mexico' or 'washington.'

Guess I don't have a concrete suggestion, only thoughts.

Or, how about 'New Dunadd' with no picture, only colors.

Alijah Fitt said...

Hi Toby, thanks for your input. keep coming back, it works for me and this is all about me- well, sort of.