when words fail me, which is often, I paint. When words work for me and are available on time, I am surprised.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Raindrops and Roses

Here is the best excuse for not buying a girl roses I have ever heard.
Tate does the grocery shopping, bless him.
Last night as he was cooking dinner, bless him again,
after he cut the grass and worked all day in the above 99 degree weather, bless him again

He told me that he saw beautiful roses on sale in the store today.

He thought about buying me a bunch and then imagined how small that bunch would seem compared to how much he loves me.

He said he considered buying every bunch in the room, and there were many, but it still didn't seem as if there would ever be enough roses to convey how much he loves me.

Yes, we have been cross with each other the past few days. We had been mis communicating and he said some harsh words about my recent painting.

His excuses for not buying me roses absolve him from those past few days.

So what if he doesn't understand art, no-one liked Van Gogh when he was living either.

I don't need roses to know how much this man loves me.

I am a very lucky girl.

5 comments:

Laura said...

That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard! Er, read. He's definitely a keeper! My husband wouldn't "understand" my paintings, either, if I actually painted one!

Nevermore said...

hi stacy - yes, i agree. i'd rather have a good man around who shows me he loves me by all the little things he does every day...than a house-full of roses...your priorities are in the right place. and..lucky you ;-)

1UP RPG said...

What a sweet story. Sounds like you are lucky to have each other.

Have a great day!

Bob

Click here for my blog

thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Honestly? Even better than flowers and all that jazz is just the simple and honest knowledge that someone is/was thinking of you.

Jerri said...

You ARE a very lucky girl.