when words fail me, which is often, I paint. When words work for me and are available on time, I am surprised.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Haunted House


This painting is 16X22" acrylic on canvas. The image of the ghostie in the window is from an actual photo of an abandoned house on a country road. I stopped to take its picture and when I was close enough I saw an old shredded night shirt hanging inside in the glare of what appears to be an open back door of the house. It was eerily disturbing and I almost left it out of the painting but couldn't edit a force like that out.

3 comments:

tomshideaway said...

Love this picture(-:

Extra Gravy said...

I really like this one too - especially the way the trees looks.

Jerri said...

Of all the paintings you've ever posted, this is my absolute, raving favorite. I love the one above of the boys in the fields, too, but something about this one speaks to me.

Hell, it doesn't such speak, it sings me an aria.

What does it feel like to have such talent? Seriously?